8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Query about unusual Italian one reel release

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Query about unusual Italian one reel release
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 09, 2012 11:18 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At Blackpoool, I finally picked up an unusual 200' release (about 10 mins) that I'd been looking for: 'The Birth of Aphrodite'. This is a surreal fantasy, not animated, made in the USA in 1971. As far as I know, it was only released in Italy and the leader indicates an Italian print but there's no indication of distributor. I wondered if any of our Italian (or other) members have come across this and are aware of the distributor? If anyone has a copy, I'd also be interested to know if it first appeared in an illustrated box, as mine is in a plain white box?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2012 12:14 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian,

This release was actually distributed by Perry's Movies and I think came in one of there generic boxes.

Check out the early Perry's adverts in Moviemaker for more info.

Cheers Mark W

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted December 09, 2012 12:41 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the very film.It was released in a series if films entitled "The
Kingdom of the Sea" and is a very odd movie with an equally
strange soundtrack.It is in a very attractive plastic case with colour insert and was sold as the "Birth of Venus" in the series,but
Adrians correct in it's proper title.The film was an IE International
release.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 09, 2012 06:37 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh - thanks for the information. I would love to get the original box so in the unlikely situation that you decide to sell your print one day, please keep me in mind. Mine is a bit faded and the sound isn't great but there's still a reasonable amount of colour left.

Mark - could you be thinking of a b/w film with the same (or a similar) title because I once heard a reference to a b/w film?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 07:02 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent Adrian.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC