8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ST-1200D MO in the house

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ST-1200D MO in the house
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 10:46 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, thanks to Winbert, my new projector is here. Seems to be nice, hope it stays that way :-)

I bought a cheap Elmo 1.1 lens for 20 Euro and it looks fine, can not see any problems, even if there is some fungus and a few marks on it. Happy with that

One thing bugs me a little though ... the 1200' spool I got with it, it's noisy ... It's a metal spool and makes a lot of noise going around. Normal? Anyone have some plastic ones for sale?

-

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2012 10:58 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi the reel you have on there does not look like a 1200 reel it looks like a 800ft reel if it measures 10 1/2" across its a 800'
the 1200ft reels should cover the green channel take up guide.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 11:19 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Vidar, that is absolutely 800' reel. If you have 1200', you need to push the green channel in so there is more space for 12" reel.

Regarding the noise, there sometime a metal reel no longer straight because of weather. Only Elmo reel that is very strong not to wrap, and your metal reel is not Elmo.

I found the noise comes when the reel touch the reel arm.

So to avoid that noise, I cut a bit of foam (which my wife uses it to clean dishes in the kitchen and it can be purchased from any dollar store). With sellotape, the foam is stick to the arm where the reel touch it during spinning.

Good luck!

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 11:24 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I think you are right (of course you are ;-) ) ... I will need a 1200' take up reel then for sure ... Anyone has some?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 11:27 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although they are not prefect, but somebody just sold 3 1200' Elmo reels for $19.99:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200858718334?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

A good Elmo reel is normally sold between $18- 25

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 11:43 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That I would have done in an instant ... I only see one now and it's 60, which I think is a bit high

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2012 03:00 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those reels are pretty chewed up. Even at that price, I wouldn't want them.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 03:04 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got one from Ian at 20 GBP ... Along with a few movies :-)

Looking forward to that. Now I need to find an anamorphic lens I can use with it ... Cheap :-/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC