8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bolex P1: shaky footage?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bolex P1: shaky footage?
Richard Kemp
Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2013 03:46 PM      Profile for Richard Kemp   Email Richard Kemp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I have been experimenting with a P1 for several years on & off now. I have suddenly realised that everytime I film with this camera the results are jumpy, not really much worse than the 'Super 8 shake' caused by the cartridge, but nevertheless.

Secondly, I noticed P1's form no film loop in the film chamber, only the 'H' series seemed to do this for this era of Bolex cameras. Is this the reason for the shaky footage please, because the claw is tugging away at the spool, with no loop to smooth the film transmission?

The shake does not bother me that much but I would dearly like to know what is causing it please?

Many thanks,

--------------------
Ric

Paillard Bolex H16 Reflex. Projectors: Elmo GP-E, Eumig S807D; B&H TQIII. Editors: Erno E1201, Prinz Oxford 1200, Muray 16mm.

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2013 10:28 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The P1 produces rock steady footage. Your camera probably needs professional internal lubrication. The original lubricants in this series tend to dry out.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC