8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Scientific and Technical super 8 suppliers in the 1970's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scientific and Technical super 8 suppliers in the 1970's
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2013 12:14 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In England during the 1970s the sunday newspapers would carry multiple ads on the last few pages for wonderful items. One company, Scientific and Technical of Southamptom always ran ads promoting their electrical and optical items, everything from a world radio that picked signals up from all over the place to super 8 cine packages, get the projector , camera screen, film to shoot on plus 4 mini films to show for about £15 (£1.95 postage etc) I bought my first cine kit from them, A cine royal and Zeta cine camera, all italian, all very cheap and plastic, but worked. Then I bought my first sound projector from them, a Gioca Baby sound.
My question is...does anyone remember this company?

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 23, 2013 03:24 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering Mark if it's the same company that advertised in
the UK mag "EXCHANGE & MART" during the '60s, they used to
sell wartime surplus,like gun cameras from fighter planes etc.
My Dad bought me a huge gunsight from a ship that I used for
stargazing from them.

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2013 09:13 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might be Hugh. Would love to find the old adverts, for a child keen to make movies their ads were very enticing. I do remeber seeing the line drawing of tehir movie kit that I ordered (no pics) and convinced myself that the projector must be a eumig (of course it was some cheap Italian thing, but it worked)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC