8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bolex 18-5 Super with cord - and new gate noise video! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Bolex 18-5 Super with cord - and new gate noise video!
Andy Katz
Junior

- posted February 12, 2013 02:00 PM      Profile for Andy Katz   Email Andy Katz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update: I read a few posts where people said old, dry film can shrink, and easily cause extra clatter when going through the projector! I bet that's my problem - all the films i view are old and dry. And that's why the noise goes away when no film is running through the gate.

Question is, what is the best way to lubricate and protect Super 8 home movies?

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2013 03:42 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a whole other debate Andy. Do a search on the forum for Filmrenew. There has been a lot of discussion about it and other brands. You can soak your film in it for a few days, that may help.

Andy Katz
Junior

- posted February 12, 2013 04:12 PM      Profile for Andy Katz   Email Andy Katz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ordered some Filmguard - I'll experiment with it and see if it clears up my issue.

My Elmo FP8 is quieter than the Bolex though. Could be the Bolex is more sensitive because the film path is out in the open?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC