8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO Question (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: ELMO Question
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 11, 2013 01:25 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I would have to say that the GS has the 9119 beaten in the looks department.
[Smile]
That Fumeo 9145 looks the business though.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 11, 2013 01:36 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Michael, they are both very solid looking professional machines. As far as looks go, however, I rate many projectors above the GS. IMO the Beaulieu is one of the most beautiful designs of any projector, and the Heurtier's rank right up there as well. But heck, ANY projector looks beautiful to me! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 11, 2013 01:46 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first projector where I loved just the look of was the Eumig S926GL. I saw the audio panel and wanted it so bad! It was in a Sears Catalog. The 2nd was the Elmo ST1200. Than the GS. And then the Beaulieu!
Like the Bauer T610 too.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 11, 2013 02:09 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ugliest projector I have ever seen was the Fumeo prototype by Classic Home Cinema. That thing as a real dog to look at!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 11, 2013 02:21 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Beaulieus do look very nice and I would like to own one of those.
The Heurtiers also look good but, from what I've heard, very unkind to film.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 11, 2013 05:46 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Alan, for the insight. That Fumeo 2145 is astonishing, it's almost like a scaled down 35mm projector. I'm glad it exists but I wonder what the rationale for creating it was, unless they has a few orders from institutions that occasionally have to show S8 on a big screen.

[ February 12, 2013, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 11, 2013 06:38 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they just wanted to create the best Super 8 Projector ever made. I think they succeeded!

http://www.ibcinema.com/ib2006/super8/Xenon.pdf

I think I read they cost around 8-10,000 US when new? And that was in the early 90's!
Here is a cool manual before the 9145 was created:

http://www.superotto.eu/download/Fumeo_Super8.pdf

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC