8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New article on 8mm horror collecting (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New article on 8mm horror collecting
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2013 12:05 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool Tim! Dave McRobie did a great piece in Famous Monsters Of Filmland last year entitled "Attack Of The Sprocket Monsters" It was a great article and with Dave's permission I referenced it at my Super 8 Kaiju Monster Movie Marathon at
G-Fest (Godzilla Fest) last summer.

I'll be doing it once more with "The Son Of The Super 8mm Monster Movie Marathon in Chicago once again this coming July.

There are a lot of Godzilla/Sci-Fi/Kaiju fans out there that still have a giant soft spot fot the 8mm films AND the box art!

-

|  IP: Logged

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2013 11:13 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What was the nature of that article, I didn't get to see it?

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2013 09:13 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2013 05:05 PM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that funny, I had no idea (and in full color no less). Was it redundant to the one I did with SCREEM in content? They called their feature "KING OF THE CASTLE"

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2013 07:03 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No way! I think it's awesome and it's great that you did it!

There are sooooo many monster/sci-fi fans that collected movies as kids be it from Castle, Ken, Collectors Club or even Captain Company (ETC ...) that haven't seen the 8mm films and their cool box art for years.

I have box art frames that I bring to G-Fest for my 8mm Monster Movie Marathon and these guys just freak, chances are that'll probably happen with your article in SCREEM!

As far as I'm concerned, you can't have too many stories out there about collecting film and I'll buy a copy for that reason alone! Maybe I could reference YOUR article in July!

Way To Go!

(One of my box art frames)

-

Paul Dann
Junior

- posted July 03, 2013 11:55 AM      Profile for Paul Dann   Email Paul Dann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Timothy
Could you tell me which issue of FAMOUS MONSTERS Attack of the Sprocket Monsters appears in?
Thanks
Paul

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC