8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Da Lite Screen types

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Da Lite Screen types
Hal Dickens
Junior

- posted April 24, 2013 10:49 PM      Profile for Hal Dickens   Email Hal Dickens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if this question has been posted before.
What percentage of you prefer glass beaded or matte screens? I've always loved the glass beaded ones myself.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 25, 2013 03:18 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The answer depends on the shape of your viewing area. A glass beaded screen will throw back a very brilliant reflection but only works well in a long and narrow situation, whilst the white screen reflects the light evenly up to 50 degrees from the centre line.

The following table shows the proportion of light reflected (assuming 100% from Beaded at normal) with the angle from the normal centre line.

0 degrees...Beaded 100%..Silver 84%..White 35%
20 degrees..Beaded 38%...Silver 42%..White 32%
50 degrees..Beaded 16%...Silver 7%...White 20%

You will see that a silver surface is also mentioned which may interest members.

I acknowlege that these figures come from "Cine-Film Projection" by C.A. Hill.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC