8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 7 Pictures (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CineSea 7 Pictures
Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 04:54 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With Saturday night came the traditional dinner. The Boat House restaurant proved itself again as a great gathering place:

-

-

Bacon-wrapped, pan-seared jumbo scallops anyone? I had them at the fall 2012 show and I had them again this time. Delicious [Smile]

-

Simone, after much pleading, finally joined us for dinner and was a total firecracker at our table:

-

Then of course came the late-night screening/party:

-

Beautiful things were shown, including this extended cut-down of "Captain America":

-

And so, CineSea ended once again. Not with a whimper, definitely with a bang:

-

To anyone who is still on the fence about this lovely week-end, all I can say is: "Come once, and you'll come again." We all want to meet more of you and you will love it.

Thank you for all the kind comments about mine and Doug's pictures; it's truly my pleasure doing this little "picture tour" to show folks how nice CineSea is.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 04, 2013 07:58 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep the pics coming!!

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 08:22 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More pictures, but still no way of identifying many of the attendees in them...
[Frown]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 04, 2013 08:31 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many of us are in the Federal Witness Protection Program.

(Big movie piracy case...shhhhhhh!!!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 11:10 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Spanks Steve with a Elmo 1200' Jewel Reel*

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 04, 2013 11:20 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus,

Thanks for the rest of the great pics.

Joe,

I appreciate your curiosity, however not every attendee in the pictures is a Forum member. Some of these folks have been to CineSea before, some haven't, so we don't necessarily get every first/last name. I'm perfectly happy to see photos of people enjoying themselves at a convention without having each person identified.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 11:32 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,
You are perfectly happy with it & that's fine. But think about this: Normally when photos are published there are captions. Newspapers, Magazines, News Sites on the Internet & elsewhere do it. So I don't think its a unreasonable expectation/request. You will notice that some of the picture comments/descriptions do mention a name or two. Claus already has stated that he didn't have the information. I simply have expressed my disappointment. Now back to our regularly scheduled program brought to you by:...

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2013 10:44 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the subject of names, my apologies to Lou Frenchetti for misspelling his surname. For some reason I always thought it was with an "a" and not an "e". I corrected it in the picture postings.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 05, 2013 01:58 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Claus for a great (as usual) CineSea report.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2013 02:13 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus would be a good photojournalist! The only problem with such a job is that he would be behind the camera more than in front of it! Notice how he is absent in most of the pictures? When you ask someone else to take a picture though, it may not turn out the way you'd want it to. Please accept this Gold Painted Elmo 1200' Jewel Reel for excellence in reporting Claus from all of us! Now everyone turn off their projectors for a moment so we can hear. Speech! Speech! *Applause* Next time, it is rumored that the pictures will be in 3-D!

Seriously, Claus always does a great job and its much appreciated. The only question remaining is when will the Cinesea Super 8mm Sound Digest Prints be available?
[Smile]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 05, 2013 06:02 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice photos..nice meal "yum"... [Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 05, 2013 06:41 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come for the film, stay for the food....

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 06, 2013 07:54 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stay for Shorty, Nausea tomorrow

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 06, 2013 08:22 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will try again for October but this time I think I will fly. [Wink] I don't seem to have much luck driving! [Embarrassed] Where is the nearest airport? [Confused]

PatD

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 06, 2013 08:46 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, that would be Atlantic City.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2013 09:43 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Stay for Shorty, Nausea tomorrow
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 06, 2013 11:43 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always leave 'em lookin'

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 02:57 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must you always do this? Why?

--------------------

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 03:49 PM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Claus you were right the first time
Franchetti

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 05:44 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I am not totally mad yet [Big Grin]
Don't know where the mixup came from.
Duly corrected (again.)

If you should find me wandering the boardwalk talking to myself during one of our gatherings, just guide me back to the hotel.... [Roll Eyes]
Claus.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC