8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Fumeo 9119 instruction manual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fumeo 9119 instruction manual
Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2013 09:21 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All, I've just received this machine from a fellow member (Manuel Pace), along with fumeo reels x6 and some spares too !!!!,what a real gentleman to deal with could not be more helpful, however he has mislaid the manual for now but is still searching ,has anyone got this manual ? or could point me in the direction of a copy . I know we got members with this model ( hugh)comes to mind and several others , but not sure who else .Can someone across the pond help maybe ? . It looks to be a mono replay machine but has an erase head ? and the replay head has provision for the balance track to be replayed too? .Not sure if you could record with it because there are no vu meters so no line level could be seen. So one or two mysteries here gents , all help returned .Thankyou fellow members . PS forgot to say manuel has some features and shorts for sale if you interested pm him on this forum . Very best Paul B.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 10, 2013 09:25 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a manual which I'll gladly copy for you Paul,but it's for
the 9119 model if that's any help. have a model similar to the one
you describe but it's a 9120 if I recall,non working.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2013 10:25 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Hugh , thank you for quick response ,let me know what the cost is and I'll get it to you mate . I do believe it is a 9119 model , but with the other bits mentioned its almost an inbtween model?. I don't know if the record or erase bits work but I have go on the weekend with a bit of old spare film with a sound stripe on it and report my findings . What a great machine it is , well thought out not to damage the film and an excellent lens with good sharp picture , just need a spare lamp now , looks the same as the elmo hugh , is it ? 24v 200w esc . Thanks mate.Very best Paul B.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 10, 2013 10:34 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,yes the lamp is the 24v 200w and you'll be suprised by
the illumination. No probs on cost, I'll run one off for you amigo.
Mail me your address.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2013 01:51 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FIY: model 9119 is a playback only machine; 9120 can also record but it needs a separate box which attaches to the back of the projector and controls recording etc.

Originally these machines were mono track only: the sound head you see looks like having a track 2 "prong" but it's only meant to keep the film level with the head surface; in fact it should have no soldering pins below. But stereo sound heads that can fit this machine perfectly are still obtainable from the Turin-based company "Photovox", brand new.

--------------------
Maurizio

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 10, 2013 04:57 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul, got your mail and I'll get this in the post for you. The
manual is for the model I have which as Maurizio correctly points
out is the playback only 9119,but does have useful info that
should be useful.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2013 04:57 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gents , All info noted and taken on board , interesting you can still get the bits for these machines Maurizio after such time , will google it and see what happens and thanks for the lead. Hugh , I've pm you with the details thank you .PS Hugh never got the message you sent about the feature The day the earth stood still , I have no idea why not .

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2013 05:00 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul you are a lucky man. I though I was the new owner of the machine after some messages and the money in my hand, when I ask for the way of payment and received this message I show you all, from Manuel Pace (a real gentleman);

Hi Oscar,
Sorry for the delay but I have a problem and at the moment I can't sell
the projector due to personal reason.
I am sure you understand and will be in touch with you in time, once I
will be able to clear this problem hopfully.
Thanks
Manuel

Manuel... I am still waiting your e-mail.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2013 05:26 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oscar , I speak as I find , he could not have been more helpful . He did apologies for some delay in the emails as he was having some tests done .

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 10, 2013 05:52 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,regarding the film, it was just a heads up that someone
on ebay was selling a copy very cheap on 16mm some weeks ago.
It wasn't on ours, it was ebay USA if I recall.

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2013 06:56 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, sorry for using your words. You have to understand that I was waiting this situation since I received the e-mail, because I could imagine what was happening. Enjoy the machine. I received some pictures and it seems to be in very good condition. [Frown]

Manuel Pace
Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2013 08:00 AM      Profile for Manuel Pace   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the nice words about me, that is how I am, I try to be as helpful to others as possible, and I am so glad you are happy with the projector.
I am so sorry for Oscar and I do apologize to him, as he too was in touch with me on this machine, but since I had an offer from you too, for the machine and the reels, during the time I was doing some tests on the projector knowing it was idle for so many years, before I commit my self to any sale!
Oscar told me he will be away for a week or so and by that time you called me and on the phone we reached an agreement and the rest you know.
Once again I am sorry Oscar but this was purely a deal between two fellow collectors you, Paul and I, with out knowing each of you before !!
NOTE:
Still looking for the manual and ones it comes in hand for sure I will send it, but I am glad that other members are helping too, that's the best thing of this Forum, support each other.
Manuel

Please Note: I forgot to mention that I have sent both of you and requested to sell along with the Fumeo, the 2300ft reels since I had no longer use for such reels!! Paul you gave me your offer while Oscar never did !! and just purely stayed with the original price of the projector only!

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2013 08:26 AM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like to hear the truth. I knew it before you told it. I only wanted the projector, and it was your offer (Fumeo=500 euro). I wanted to pay it at the time of last message because I didnīt wanted to lost it. O.k. I know my english is not perfect, so when I said I was going to be out for a week, I was trying to make the payment before going out. During the week out, you would have time for packing and sending, so the machine will be travelling those days. My big mistake was not to buy the reels. And your big mistake was not to say in the ad that you will choose the best option for you (private auction), instead of the 500 euro Fumeo option.

Manuel Pace
Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2013 08:42 AM      Profile for Manuel Pace   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oscar,
I trust you as good fellow collector, but sure you are being so hard on me, it is not fair since I always try to help others and be fair and honest.
In all my deals I had during the past 35 years or so from all over the world, I never ever had made any wrong doings and was unfaithful with others when it comes to make a deal, and always offered the best prices and sometimes I split payments for shipping with the buyer to save them some money !!
Again it must have been some kind of misunderstanding and nothing personal.
I sure hope that you will be able to find a good projector in time and all will be fine.
Have a nice day my friend.
Manuel

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 16, 2013 04:09 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,your manual is in the post.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2013 09:08 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi hugh , Very big thank you for the manual which arrived this morning. Just looking through now to enlighten me on the finer points of this machine . Very best Paul B.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC