8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Remembering John Black

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Remembering John Black
Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2013 10:00 AM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey All,

I just Realized that today John had passed away two years ago. I'm sorry to have missed the actual date, but I've been very buy starting another job. I think of John often, and especially when I run a 8mm film through a projector I got from him.
He was one of the nicest, and truly real people that you could ever meet. Sadly I never met him in person, but we had hours and hours of conversations on the phone.

I can't tell you how many times I have that question that only he could answer, and get very frustrated and sad, that I can't pick up that phone. I really wish I had saved one or two of his phone messages on my cell phone. Like several other people I know to have now passed on, I can't bring myself to delete their numbers. In a strange way it makes me feel that they are still here.

I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way. I hope some day to get to one of His film conventions, that are continuing on in his name. I've just started a new job, and I will see how that goes.

John RIP!

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 27, 2013 11:13 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John and I talked many hours and many days about CINESEA, he was my closest friend in the near thirty years. Phone calls two or three times a week (long ones), dealing, trdaing, selling - All began at the Barlow Tri-State shows situated in Cherry Hill - the man was writing a much-needed book about Blackhawk Films -I was to be interviewed and so many others, supposed to go to his new home and catalog all his films (and mine), code numbers for reference - CINESEA meant alot to him and me - As early as 1985 we talked about a new film gathering, only film, the way it should be - I'm happy we shared the dream and he went forward more than I with the actual creation - I give him all credit - As you can tell, I truly miss this guy - Smart, talented and an honestly true friend to us all - Shorty

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC