8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm Movies being shown in a Cinema!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm Movies being shown in a Cinema!!!!
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2013 03:57 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sept 29th from 12:30 to 14:00 The world famous Curzon cinema will be showing 8mm package movies from Derann, DCR , Perrys et al.

http://www.curzon.org.uk/content/public/Main/MovieDetail.aspx?cmsid=31939&hash=fB8PULOpv3Fr8Y1HDLrfvA

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 27, 2013 12:50 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure though that they will not be showing these on the full size cinema screen. They have a second small cinema set up in the gallery area, that they use to show 16mm, 9.5mm, and 8mm on a creen about 6ft wide.
The Curzon is a wonderful place to visit - a real museum of hundreds home move and 35mm film projectors, and it is great that they regularly show films on 16mm, 9.5mm, and 8mm.
How lucky the people of Cleveland are! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2013 03:07 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul, I take it you have visited the Curzon, its just down the road from. I donated some old cine kit for their collection and my work colleague recently won an award for the app she created, Curzon memories (on the Apple App store)
Maybe I'll take some of my prints on Sunday?

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 27, 2013 05:53 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,
Yes I visited the Curzon a little over a year ago, and had the pleasure of meeting Maurice Thornton and Colin Cowles. It was a great day for me and I enjoyed every minute I was there.
The place, as you know, is literally an Aladdins Cave of projectors of all guages. Colin demo'd a Pathescope Gem for me while I was there, and Maurice was running a 16mm print of 42nd Street in the upstairs cinema area. I bought Colin's book on Cine projectors, a great read, and it is on display in my screening room.
I envy you living that close. If I was there I would be going to the Curzon collection every week!
Please give my regards to Colin and Maurice next time you see them.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 28, 2013 04:48 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only live 16 miles from the Curzon. I really must visit some day. For those proposing to look around their museum it is wise to check their website for its days and times of opening.
http://www.curzon.org.uk/

--------------------
Maurice

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2013 06:17 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But don't ALWAYS trust the web published times. The Museum depends on volunteers... and sometimes there are hiccups!
On my only visit (up from Exeter) I found that opening that day was delayed over 2 hours, which enabled me to also visit ALL the Charity Shops in Clevedon (theyr'e very good!),

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2013 09:30 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just back from the 8 is great Sunday event at the Curzon. Around 90 mins of uper 8 films, from trailers to Look at Life films, and extracts from Robin Hood , Anchors Aweigh et al. Projectors used were a Fujiscope and Bauer T60, Very nice presentation (tho I collect from the later period of Hollywood output)

I did donate to the Curzon Cinema Museaum about a year ago my collection of standard 8 projectors and cameras, and noted several on display. I have considered volunteering on a weekend and must get round to actively doing this, such a great place, and thank goodness its just a few miles from me in Bristol.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 29, 2013 03:06 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any shorts shown, I wanna know - Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC