8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Insert the film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Insert the film
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2013 01:45 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ask carefully in the indications of this thread, because i've noticed significant differences between Bolex H8 and H16, as well as between the various models of H8. I refer to the start way of film, because the rest of the mechanism is identical on all newer H series. A Bolex H8 Rex has a way of putting the beginnig of film different (may be missing a small peg of iron) compared with a Bolex Rex 3, just as an example.
I have a Bolex H8 Rex 4, and i ask those who know, which of the two ways to thread the film is correct: the one marked with the orange arrow to the right or the left?
Point out, that the right path is smoother, while the left (due to a flap of iron, i can take pictures of it) is slightly harder to flow, but in the end both pull the film.
The web does not seem to mention the differences that i noticed.

-

[ November 10, 2013, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Luigi Castellitto ]

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2013 06:35 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi, you want to use the arrow to the Right. Load the film directly under the roller so that the teeth of the roller catch the film and feed it through. It's nice to practice with some old expired film that you don't intend to use.

Don't forget to turn the lever that is located between the two rollers down so that it forms the proper loops. After the film forms both loops, top and bottom, you can push the little button on the lever and it will open the loop formers back to where they need to be for shooting film. If you forget to push the little button the door will do it when you put it on.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2013 05:41 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, thank you Bryan!
The doubt i had come because, i don't know if you've ever had experience with this, in some Bolex H8 Rex (i have a manual which indicates that) the film slips where the arrow on the left, but on our model is hard to get there, it is evident that goes to the right; if you notice, there is also a fin of iron that does go in the right direction.
Ok, problem solved!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC