8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What is the way to learn Yvar 13mm lens focus correctly without using film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the way to learn Yvar 13mm lens focus correctly without using film
Mustafa Umut Sarac
Junior

- posted November 26, 2013 07:52 AM      Profile for Mustafa Umut Sarac   Email Mustafa Umut Sarac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Bolex C8 and Yvar 13mm f:1.9 lens. I want to be sure about focus distance marks and original focus matches perfectly.

What is the way to understand that without wait 1 month between postal offices and expenses.

Thank you for your help,

--------------------
Mustafa Umut Sarac
Istanbul

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2013 11:47 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you turn the focus to where it stops at infinity and it lines up with the marker line then you should be ok. If you are shooting with a high f-stop then you should have good focus as long as you are close to the proper distance. I have had great results just guessing the distance in these situations.

If you are shooting in low light with a low f-stop at close range then you may want to use a tape measure.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC