8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New to Super 8 Collecting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New to Super 8 Collecting
Chris Gunter
Junior

- posted March 10, 2014 02:36 AM      Profile for Chris Gunter   Email Chris Gunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jumped in to the fray about a year ago and purchased a Bell and Howell Filmosonic Directors Series Projector with a 20-32mm lens, previewed the first reel that I purchased, Earthquake (the color 400' version) and I've been hooked on collecting ever since. I was curious to know if anyone else here at the forum had the same series projector and could offer any insights into upkeep and maintenance, issues to look out for, troubleshooting etc. I was also wondering if anyone had a copy of an owner's manual, for sale or scanned in someplace on the web. I've also been reading about folks using colored filters to help with prints that have issues with fade and wanted find out everyone's opinions on that matter as well. I value and appreciate honest insight and look forward to getting to know everyone here at the forum as I continue with this exciting new hobby.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 10, 2014 03:10 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

I am afraid "Director Series" is not the model. B&H always used numbers to identify the model. You have to give us the model numbers in order to give you a help.

For example B&H #460 is "Director Series", as well as 1734B is. Here is the list of B&H model:

http://www.super8data.com/database/projectors_list/projectors_bell/projectors_bell.htm

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 10, 2014 11:43 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome on this forum, Chris.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC