8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Chinon sound 9500mv

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chinon sound 9500mv
Vin Collins
Junior

- posted February 26, 2014 08:37 PM      Profile for Vin Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi....I have this projector and Im trying to figure out how to transfer an 8mm sound film to my digital camcorder.....I know how to transfer the picture using a telecine box but Im trying to figure out how to cleanly transfer the audio with it?

I have an audio out jack on projector and audio in jack on my camcorder and I linked an audio cable from projector to camcorder......but when I try to transfer film and audio the audio sounds a little distorted upon play-back thru camcorder....is there another method?? Am I doing something wrong?

|  IP: Logged

Jason Minos
Junior

- posted March 03, 2014 05:22 AM      Profile for Jason Minos   Email Jason Minos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vin,

When you refer to "a little distorted" are you meaning the sound is clipping on loud noises or is it just constant? Could be several issues. What does the camcorder's levels show you in the display? Are the levels peaking? The output volume from the projector could be too high so try turning the volume down and testing different levels. The camcorder's inbuilt recording level or audio filters might be affecting the recording. If you can adjust it then try that too. If not then try it with another camcorder if you can and see if the problem still exists. If so then the issue is most likely to be with the projector's output. The audio cable could be faulty so try a different one and see if the problem persists. Last but not least you might have the playback level of the camcorder too high which might distort the inbuilt speaker. Does the sound distort when playing back the recording after being transferred to a computer or playing on a TV?

Hope that helps you.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC