8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » School memories: super 8 didactic films in the classroom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: School memories: super 8 didactic films in the classroom
Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 06:59 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to all

Some weeks ago, I got from Palermo in Italy a rare stack of super 8 films originative from a high school in the area there. I was told that they contained scientific didactic subjects (mathematics, biology, electricity, chemicals and physics) and that these super 8 films were especially made for use in schools. As I am studying sciences, being super 8 lover and always been fan of vintage school materials, I wanted these films for sure (not knowing what the specific content was or how the film would look like). And so, here they are!

-

Quite rare stuff on super 8 I think from which I never knew they existed. The films are each 120 meters, in super 8 color and clear Italian sound (image quality of some are really good and like new, other are turned to the red). Each film is in its original box and begins with the countdown, the distributor (STUDIO 2000), the subject and the names of the people who were involved in the realisation (all Italian). The subjects are:

- Induzione elettromagnetica (electromagnetic induction)(1976)

- Fotosintesi (photosynthesis) (1975)

-

- Legge di Coulomb (Coulomb forces) (1976)

- Strumenti ottici (optical instruments) (1975)

-

- Acidi, basi e sali (acids, bases and salts) (1975)
- Metodi Misurazione (methods of measurement) (1975)

- Le leggi dei gas (the gas laws) (1975)

-

-

-

The dates are the dates that are written on the front of the boxes ("grasso e di toma" - I don't know of this is a company or what, I had never seen this boxes before).

In each film, they show experiments, formulas to understand the principles, examples from the real life and a man's voice is explaining to the students.

Just wanted to share the existence of these films with you, I can understand that not everybody would like to show these films on a film night [Razz] For many persons this would be a nice manner to fall asleep between the screen and the projector [Wink]

Does anyone know something more about this type of films, the "Studio 2000" or the "grasso e di toma" ? If there are other didactic films on super 8 existing or if you remember super 8 in your schooltime, please let me know! As I have always been nostalgic to school materials, now discovered it also exists on super 8!

Greets

Nick

|  IP: Logged

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 08:49 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grasso e Di Toma was a Company who manufactured reels and boxes/cans. Later they became just "Grasso", the same as the spools Derann films were usually supplied on.

Perhaps I have some of these educational films in my archive (I remember I had something years ago but I am not sure what I did with them. ALso my school may have something - I'll check. If I find something, I'll be happy to give them to you, just for postage.

I'll let you know ASAP.

--------------------
Maurizio

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 09:05 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is really kind of you, I would like that a lot! [Big Grin] Thank you for your response!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC