8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Deleted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deleted
Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2015 07:25 PM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy has chosen to delete his post, along with the topic heading.

[ February 01, 2015, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 01, 2015 09:44 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must say that this is possibly the strangest behaviour I have ever come across on the forum. Timothy's message said he was leaving because people were not interested in his posts and not responding. His sense of alienation was bewildering, considering that members here kindly helped him out, providing him with a projector and films free of charge, and there were the threads where many of us tried to assist him with projector problems. What more can you hope for from a forum??? It's true that not every post generated replies, but that doesn't mean that they were of no interest to everyone. I looked back at a few and (e.g.) spotted one not long ago with 14 replies from others. Strangest of all, before departing, he deleted every single one of his 150 posts, including the one saying why he was leaving!!!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 01, 2015 12:50 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is truly disconcerting is that Timothy also deleted the topic headings of threads that he started, so that if one of those threads with numerous replies contained useful information (and many did), it would be very difficult for Forum members to locate.

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2015 01:01 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another example of taking the hobby a little too seriously -- that is, if what he stated in his previous post really makes him that upset, then a little perspective on what's truly important in life is called for. Wow.

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2015 01:22 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I must say that this is possibly the strangest behaviour I have ever come across on the forum. Timothy's message said he was leaving because people were not interested in his posts and not responding. His sense of alienation was bewildering, considering that members here kindly helped him out, providing him with a projector and films free of charge, and there were the threads where many of us tried to assist him with projector problems. What more can you hope for from a forum??? It's true that not every post generated replies, but that doesn't mean that they were of no interest to everyone. I looked back at a few and (e.g.) spotted one not long ago with 14 replies from others. Strangest of all, before departing, he deleted every single one of his 150 posts, including the one saying why he was leaving!!!

Totally agree!

Jon

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 01, 2015 01:27 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've replaced the removed topic headings (or reasonable approximations), except for this one. I think there's little to gained by keeping this thread open.

Doug

--------------------

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted February 01, 2015 06:27 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy's deleted posts have been restored from a backup.

Thanks for destroying the archives for the future hobbyists there Mr. Duncan.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 02, 2015 05:49 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard from Timothy and he apologizes for any damage to the earlier threads. He made his decision to leave the Forum and he didn't realize that certain deletions would cause confusion.
He would like members to know that he's still in touch with the collectors who kindly made a gift of those items.

At this point I should point out Rule #11:

No "goodbye" posts. Have you decided to leave the forum? Whatever your reasoning may be, do note that you are always welcome back should you choose to return at a later time and participate. However, making a "goodbye" post will not be tolerated. Unless you have been banned for some reason, your login will be kept valid and we hope to see you again.

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC