8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer 520 duoplay- lack of steady focus ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer 520 duoplay- lack of steady focus ?
Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2015 05:18 AM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bauer seems to lack of steady focus.And there is a kind of "jitter" in the image, allthough the film is shown without any other problems.
Does anyone have and idea what the problem is ? and perhaps could upload a picture of the "arrangement around lens /mask / film "channel".

Kind regards

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 28, 2015 05:45 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me like the onset of the usual cam problem. May only need lubricating at this stage Niels hopefully.

It is highly unlikely to be anything to do with the pressure plate or the gate or the lens if everything is at factory settings.

[ February 28, 2015, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2015 06:27 AM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok....it seems to me I can get a steady focused picture by holding the preasure plate just a bit against the film ?
I will try to oil and see how it goes !

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 28, 2015 07:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No Niels, no oil should go anywhere near the cam lobe etc, apart from silicone oil on the special felt pad beneath the lobe.

Try adjusting the pressure plate angle to see if this gets your picture steadier. Do not fully compress the springs though, this amount of adjustment should never be needed to the pressure plate if the cam and follower still have life left in it.

Adjust the pressure plate by first removing the red arrowed screw and lower the on/ off speed controller switch.

Then undo the socket head grub screw using an allen key as shown in yellow arrow.

Then turn the eccentric cam screw (purple arrow), to manoeuvre the pressure plate in and out to the desired position whilst monitoring the spring pressure applied.

See photograph below:

-

[ February 28, 2015, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2015 05:03 PM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "Operation went well and the patient survived" !!!!
Claw-pin and frame adjusted and my Bauer works very well.
Thanks for your great support Andrew Woodcock.

Kind regards

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 02, 2015 11:52 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad it is all adjusted well and now is working A1 for you [Razz]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC