8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CAM and nokken trial for the Bauer studioline series (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CAM and nokken trial for the Bauer studioline series
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 06, 2015 07:14 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
When I send you my projector Edwin i will include the service manual in the packaging.

This way you will be able to get a scan from it before returning both back to me.

Hopefully in glorious Stereo! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 06, 2015 10:29 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Tried purchasing the three products I require but couldn't get past stage 2 at the check out???

Just kept saying "e mail address already in use, please use another e mail address".

I cannot remember whether or not I have created a password with you in the past so if I have please can you mail it to me again just so I can get these goods ordered today before the close of business please Edwin.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 07, 2015 06:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
All sorted out and paid for now Edwin thanks. Will these be sent before you go on holiday?

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2015 07:29 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew, packed and posted!
Talk to you all in a couple of weeks.

p.s. the guide rollers for use with longplay units are in production. Hope to have some news here in September!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 07, 2015 07:32 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy holiday, Edwin !

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 07, 2015 07:58 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hab a fab time Edwin, see you back here in a few weeks. [Smile]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 14, 2015 04:22 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Having received these parts from Edwin now, it is interesting to see how he has changed the design on the later set of followers to the original prototype he put out for trial.

The earlier type looks more like a replica design of the original Bauer ones whereas the new type look to have a completely different profile while sitting on the cam and just by looking at it, you would assume it would run far noisier than the other type as there is far more surface area contact between the Follower and the Cam?

It is interesting that Edwin claims the newer type run smoother and quieter and will run well with the original shutter fitted unlike his first attempts.

All very strange but I suppose we can only find out more once Edwin returns from holiday [Confused]

Here are what the original Bauer parts look like when new:

-

As you can see from the various angles shown, the Follower only has two very small contact points similar to Edwins first photo's of his Prototype here.

His latest version appears considerably different to these and has a much greater amount of the Follower in contact with the cam as you can see from Edwin's latest photographs of these newer versions.

It would be interested to hear the views of anyone who has actually fitted either of these new Parts from Edwin.

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2015 02:57 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The newest cam followers have a different design then the original and early prototypes.

This has to do with the roughness of 3D prints. These are a bit less smooth as tradional moulded parts. The 3D printed prototype, which was in essential a copy of the orinal ones made a lot of noise due to the less smooth surface.

In the current design (the one which is now commerically available and which you have, Andrew) the follower has a new design which compensates for the roughness of the surface with 3D printing. This makes it a lot more silent then the trial part. No yet as silent as the original, but good enough.

We have now replaced the cams and cam follower in 3 of our filmscanners with the 3D printed ones and these work perfectly with a little more noise then the original ones.

Due time, you see the noise level decreasing, as the parts get a bit smoother in operation.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2016 01:31 PM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Replacing the cam and cam-follower is not very easy.
But, we have now make a video of how to do it yourself, see:

https://youtu.be/8cwFnltBYZ8

Please note that after this, you need to carefully adjust the claw according the service manual.

[ April 23, 2016, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Edwin van Eck ]

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC