8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo 1012XL Camera

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 1012XL Camera
Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2015 02:59 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend just got an Elmo 1012XL Super 8mm camera, and when he tries to get a reading from the light meter on auto setting nothing!! the filter switches have been tested on both indoor/outdoor...new battries..nothing. When set to manual then he can adjust the exspoure setting this way, would anyone here happen to know why it is not registering on the auto setting.

Thanks
Tom

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2015 08:14 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This internet info may explain the problem: "the trouble is that its (Elmo 1012 XL) auto exposure system is only set for 40/160ASA so you'll need to invoke manual exposure for just about every film that is on the market today."

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2015 06:46 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I don't think the problem is wrong film speed, because in that case he should still get some reading with the lightmeter reacting to different lighting conditions when panning from shade d areas to well lit ones. If I got it right this is not the case and the fact he can still set the aperture manually makes me think there is something wrong in the auto exposure circuitry. And this can be most everything ranging from a burnt IC/oxidization, to a dead photocell. But I do not know if this camera has separate battery for the lightmeter; in this case chances are it0s not been inserted or it has to be replaced. Hopefully just that...

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC