8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo SC-18 belt problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo SC-18 belt problem
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 22, 2015 10:16 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I put new belts in this projector a short time ago.Almost daily the belt falls off. Mostly when going backwards or rewinding. If I clean the belt, it usually runs the rest of the day. Next day the belt feels slightly oily again. Any tips on how to make it stay on? Any adjustments? Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 22, 2015 12:55 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a known issue on the SC18. Granted, it can be annoying. Generally it's because the belt is a notch too loose and if you switch too briskly from forward to rewind it will jump off the pulley.
I've tried adding a small tension roller on a previous machine, it worked ok but wasn't 100% fail-proof.
On another one, I made my own belt (belt material + soldering iron) with a slightly (and I mean slightly) smaller diameter. That solution was a bit better.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2015 03:23 PM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Vidar.
I havent got any expirience with your Elmo !
Maybe a general overhaul -oiling/greasing of the projector, could make less "resistance" on the pulley.

Kind regards

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 22, 2015 07:25 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, but it runs quite fine and think it's just been oiled. The idea of slightly more tension is one I could look into. Might be the belt I got for it, isn't correct either. Got another belt from same supplier for the GS-1200 and it was all wrong. Some plastic belt instead of a rubber one, too stiff and not possible to get on unless the motor of the GS was loosened.

Will check out another belt too.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC