8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Checkpoint" (Starring Stanley Baker) Question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Checkpoint" (Starring Stanley Baker) Question.
Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2015 03:12 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently purchased the movie "Checkpoint" starring Stanley Baker.Though the original movie was in color,my copy is black & white sound on 4 x 400' reels.Does anyone know who distributed this? I'm thinking possibly Walton Films as a source.My copy is missing the opening credits hence my inquiry.Thanks everyone!
Douglas

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2015 04:12 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Douglas yes it was Walton films

--------------------
t.smith

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2015 04:41 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Thomas for the reply and confirmation...Cheers,Douglas

--------------------

Clive Carmock
Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2015 05:36 PM      Profile for Clive Carmock   Email Clive Carmock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup I have it in 4x400 format from Walton also.

Here is the box artwork if you want it
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 15, 2015 05:42 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite a rare one now Clive, at least one I haven't seen for sale in the past 4 years in my constant searches for all things S8.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Clive Carmock
Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2015 05:44 PM      Profile for Clive Carmock   Email Clive Carmock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree - since you posted Andrew I've edited my post to include the box in case you want to refresh.

You are right about it being rare, especially in original boxes.

Another rare one I have that is in original boxes is Walton's 4x400 Revenge.

An more recently 1x400 Quiller Memorandum.

I see to be on a mission to collect as many of Walton's prints as I can and capture their art work

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 15, 2015 05:51 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have revenge Clive [Smile] None of the others you mention sadly.

Still love my Walton LPP (Maybe Fuji) print of Fright though. Susan George was a doll back then!

One I did have first time around and would love it again was Night Hair Child.

Thanks for the posting of the Artwork Clive. I love it when artwork is posted on here, always useful to one collector or another!

--------------------

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2015 06:06 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Clive for the photo of the original box art.I got my copy for $10 USD from a seller on eBay.It came in some rather worn & tatty plastic boxes.I have since transferred the footage to new reels (the old ones had seen better days) and film boxes.I think since the film is obscure to most American viewers is probably the reason why the seller let it go so cheaply.My copy has very good sound and the footage looks very clean.I'm assuming it was rarely rented (it apparently was a ex-library print) due to it's excellent condition.I didn't realize it's considered a rare print.Thank you for the insight on that Andrew...Cheers,Douglas

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 15, 2015 06:11 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You got an absolute bargain Douglas! Very well played indeed [Wink]

--------------------

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2015 06:14 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Andrew!It happens rarely for me but then good fortune does strike occasionally! [Smile]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 15, 2015 06:15 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
And it's a marvelous feeling when it strikes! [Razz]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC