8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Poseidon Adventure trailer + full 400' super 8mm, amazing transfer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poseidon Adventure trailer + full 400' super 8mm, amazing transfer
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 07, 2015 12:45 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a look this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIQJoIWUn8Q

The quality of transfer is simply amazing. I already gave my comment to ask what equipment he used, but can you guess if he used direct screen transfer or scanning?

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2015 02:30 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hallo Winbert,
it is indeed an nice effort. But i am really curious to know why such a distorted sound is being produced. I have experienced such a distortion by several sound projectors and i am wondering if there is any remedy for it.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2015 08:09 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a great transfer.

I really love the trailer too. Irwin Allen was quite good at making these types of movies.

James

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2015 01:40 PM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The transfer of the image is the easy bit, as in the copy of star wars I transferred below by filming through the gate, but to avoid flicker, the sound needs to be slowed down which causes wow and flutter when restored to normal speed. I could have transferred the sound separately at full speed and married the sound to the picture later but it was all a bit too much trouble at the time. I was selling the print and wanted to show the colour fade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0oyuCRZZws

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2015 05:24 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

John Yapp - that is a good transfer, well done.

Mark [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 21, 2015 01:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, that was very good (too bad about the color fade), it just goes to show the world that, even with a lot of those older generation prints, they were quite watchable and still tend to be to this very day and age.

The next time I try a "telecine" of something, I'm going to try that slowing the projector down. John, was there a specific speed desired, (18 fps? 20fps? 22 fps?)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC