8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO GS1200 Take Up Issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO GS1200 Take Up Issue
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2015 04:46 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. Your assistance needed on the following please.
My Elmo GS1200 has decided that when in play mode the take up spool will not turn (no movement from the take up motor?) I have not removed the back case to stare in at the innards as sometimes the take up will start. Help!!!!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2015 07:02 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a problem quite common on these mark, get the back off (disconnect from the mains first)look to the base of the arm where motor is situated, on the end of the take up arm is a gear that engages with a little train of gears, the gear on the base of the arm splits so will not engage with the others so jams the mechanism. I have some these left, just need to source a bearing for it. Have a look, or a pic would be good.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC