8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Keystone k75 8mm projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keystone k75 8mm projector
Katie Smith
Junior

- posted October 19, 2015 09:49 AM      Profile for Katie Smith   Email Katie Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a keystone 8mm projector but the light bulb is burnt out abd I have no manual and can not find one online. Can anyone help me out?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 19, 2015 10:32 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Katie,

According to Replacement Lightbulbs.com your projector uses either of these two lamps:

CZX/DAB

or

CXY/CXK

Unfortunately these are discontinued bulbs and they get a little pricy sometimes. The other shoe that needs to drop is that if you want to use the projector long-term you should probably buy two!

-these won't become more available than they are now.

You should try fishing around on E-bay a little: sometimes you can get better deals because someone has old store stock to clear out.

-above all: be very careful handling these bulbs. Oils from skin contact can cause the glass to shatter because they get wickedly hot! It's best to handle them with cotton gloves or failing that something like a clean handkerchief.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Katie Smith
Junior

- posted October 19, 2015 12:12 PM      Profile for Katie Smith   Email Katie Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not to worried on where to find them but I dont know how to remove the old one

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 19, 2015 02:13 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's described as a P28s base

From the looks of this it seems to be a (gently) twist until it pops out:

P28s

-not the usual kind of stuff Sears sells! (I'm impressed!)

If you are at all uncertain you should E-mail customer service at Replacement Lightbulbs.com. They are pretty helpful.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2015 04:24 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have P28s lamps in some theatre lanterns at the club I belong to - the wrong ones for this projector, but I remember having to push gently down on the lamp to remove or insert it as there is a sprung centre electrical connection pad which prevents it turning if you don't.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC