8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » pulse sync canundrum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pulse sync canundrum
Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2016 02:48 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently setup the gs 1200 to lock to the incoming pulse's from a dvd player through the cresta interface box. Now my understanding is that the pulse's were derived from the dvd disc, well half way through the disc stopped playing and went to stop mode for some reason. I rejected the disc, but the gs carried on syncing to the player, without the disc in ?. Now curious I removed the cable that linked them, gs stops, popped back in again off the gs goes?. Has anyone come across this, could a standard dvd player be used to lock the gs to 25fps as an aid to transfer sound to film ?. Someone please enlighten me.

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 27, 2016 04:08 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not familiar with the Cresta interface (I use one of Pedro's boxes) but here's an idea:
Could that be with a DVD9 dual layer disc? Maybe the layer skip sent some crazy info through that cable?
Also, this could be a false contact in the projector's ESS connector. Or a dirty (or faulty) speed sensor (that tiny cell monitoring the speed at the very front of the GS)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2016 04:27 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean, the cresta cleans up the pulse signal from the source. If you plug in the dvd player it would just do it from the get go, and you can adjust the pulse meter at the back of the elmo to sit in the middle every time, so i don't think the gs is playing up, as it was tried with anther GS 1200 (XENON VERSION), and this is the same. I thought this pulse was on the disc and not just generated from the player.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC