8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » East Lancashire Film Fair news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: East Lancashire Film Fair news
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 01, 2016 03:29 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly can I thank those who have contacted me as to if we will be having another film fair. We did however investigate the plan to hold our event in Manchester which would have been really central especially for trains. A problem quickly arose in that the council want paying just to hold a event in the city so the overall cost would have been beyond everyone, this is not to say we have given up! What I would say at present is support our UK fairs including Ealing, Harpenden, Blackpool and Farnsworth and help to sustain them particularly if you live nearby. With the number of funerals of family and friends we attended last year the time to do anything is now.
We will report back with news when we have any and a huge thank you to everyone who came to our fairs and supported them. [Smile]

[ February 03, 2016, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 01, 2016 03:53 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the Farnworth fair is going ahead next weekend Lee as planned?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2016 04:22 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Andrew read lees post properly he is telling every one to support the films fairs that are running but it will make no difference to you has you don't attend any anyway ,yes farnwoth this sat

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 01, 2016 05:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok thanks for that David. I am indeed working again this Saturday and Sunday, you are right about that David.

Otherwise, who knows? It would depend what I have on that weekend but I hope it all goes well for you all.

--------------------

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2016 02:31 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as David Guest has stated i wish people would read posts correctly. Andrew hasnt got a clue because he does not attend any of these events. Lee was commenting on his east lancashire fair. totally diferent from the farnworth film fair.anyone who has attended either of these would know that anyway. on the death of Dennis Parkinson farnworth is now run by his son Nigel Parkinson. Lees last event was superb by the way. Farnworth is definately this saturday the 6th. doors open 11am. a great time to be had by all who attend.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 02, 2016 03:05 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes indeed. Please read the topic, its the first thing you see for a new post.

I'm looking forward to seeing Andy at a film fair one day as well.

Happy 8mm ing friends!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 02, 2016 05:34 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lee. [Smile]

Apologies for my ignorance there Paul.

--------------------

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 06, 2016 06:17 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lee

I enjoyed your article in The Reel Image. That must be an awesome experience. I am an actor and enjoy being on set. But what you are doing must be much more rewarding.

PatD

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC