8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CINE TRANSFER : A Great Ugrade Exemple

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CINE TRANSFER : A Great Ugrade Exemple
Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2016 01:50 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello
No doubt, some of you will love it (May be somebody already knows it) :

http://letransfert.soforums.com/t334-ADAPTATION-PROJECTEUR-HEURTIER-FRIFILM.htm

This is in French Language, but shows a lot of pictures to enjoy the work done........Outstanding, Simply better than professionnal.

Observe the "Heurtier Tri Film" Modification was achieved in 2011

Respectfully

N.B
Just concerning the Electronic Shutter:

http://letransfert.soforums.com/t226-obturateur-%C3%A9lectronique.htm

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2016 03:50 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Phil, I wish I could read the post, it looks like 21st century meets 19th century technology, but who cares it obviously works and does the job. I understand some of what's going on here, its a chopper circuit with a photo interrupter, the wheel with slots is a basic shutter blade and flashes many times a second, the light through the gate flashes at a different rate, the circuit in between matches the flashes and locks them together, a comparator circuit I think it is. If this could be adapted to retro fit another projector, we could get a pulse sync system for transferring sound to film, like the Elmo gs 1200 does, probably is every bit as good too. Really great upload Phil, keep sharing these articles with us.

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2016 05:01 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High Paul,

I assume this upgrade "philosophy" can work with many different projectors as the Electronic Shuter described:

-1 Dip switch to set different frequencies to cop with transfer requirements

-1 Dip switch to change the LED color.

But , right now, I am looking for somedy who should be interested in incorporating an ARDUINO card associated to a Power Drive Controller to manage Both motors regulation (Claw Motor & Capstan Motor)

In this case the speed info will come from Optical forks / Slotted Wheels .

An ARDUINO Card is few money, and the Power Drive Controller too.
The only problem is that I am not too much confident in Electronic Systems.....

[Roll Eyes]

Also as you know , it is not easy to find spare replacement for our machines and for reasonable prices (Capstan Motor with tacho, Main Motor with tacho.....) and this a just old stock too, no longer available.

That should be a great alternative solution to maintain our machines.

ARDUINO CARD Exemple:

http://www.selectronic.fr/carte-arduino-uno.html#

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2016 07:14 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My French is rather old, but did that say that the motor is a constant current electric bicycle motor?

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2016 07:32 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High Brian,

the Author picked up a DC Motor on a Elec Bicycle, this what I understood too...

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2016 03:32 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just picked up the link and clicked on translate and read it in English. Now all I need is someone to explain what it all means!!!

--------------------
Dave

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 29, 2016 03:30 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High Dave,

If you have any question about particular points, I do my best to help.

There are also other links included concerning specific points.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC