8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help With Dual 8 Editor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help With Dual 8 Editor
Andrew Kaiser
Junior

- posted March 09, 2016 09:15 PM      Profile for Andrew Kaiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello All

Ok, so I'll preferace this by saying I am a complete newbie when it comes to 8mm and Super 8mm equipment.

I've got a lot of footage on both super 8 and regular 8 film and just today I bought a Vernon Dual 8 Movie editor. When I run regular 8mm film through it everything seems fine. Works great and is super fun!!

However, when I switch over to Super 8mm the image is split in half on the view screen. There is a control switch in the middle of the projector that goes from "R" to "S" and I switched it to "S" In addition, I know I need to rotate the sprocket so the teeth line up with Super 8mm film (which they do when I switch it) but the image is still pretty much split in half, with me seeing the lower half of one frame at the top of the screen and the upper half of the next frame at the bottom of the screen.

I feel like there is something very basic I am missing here. Like I said, regular 8mm lines up perfectly on the screen it's just Super 8mm that is all jacked up.

If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears!!

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2016 09:53 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum Andrew you need to adjust the framer the star wheel that your film runs across there is a small knob on the front, turn this while the film is loaded this should adjust it hope that helps.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Andrew Kaiser
Junior

- posted March 09, 2016 10:53 PM      Profile for Andrew Kaiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jim

Thank you for the response. When you say the "star wheel" do you mean the wheel that has the teeth in it that fit into the holes along the edge of the film?

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2016 07:36 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes wasn't sure what to call it.
here is a picture this wheel if this is your model the small knob on front is your framer
 -

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Andrew Kaiser
Junior

- posted March 10, 2016 11:57 AM      Profile for Andrew Kaiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much!! That is incredibly helpful. :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC