8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bolex SP 8 Special Instruction Manual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bolex SP 8 Special Instruction Manual
Jason Brummett
Junior

- posted March 10, 2016 09:27 PM      Profile for Jason Brummett   Email Jason Brummett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know where I could obtain a copy of the instruction manual for the Bolex SP 8 Special projector?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 10, 2016 09:36 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These "Bolexes" are actually members of the Eumig 800 series. The differences are mostly cosmetic.

This manual for the Eumig 810D should be more than close enough:

Manual

-as long as you remember yours is Super-8 only.

I have one myself. It's a good, reliable machine.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2016 10:21 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jason. I have a BolexSP8E and a Eumig 810D. Steve is correct in most respects. However, There is a difference with the line up of the knob on the rear of the machines when you wish to remove the pressure pads of the gate for cleaning to prevent damaging the clawpin/ pins. (the 810D has 1 pin the Bolex being Super8 only has 2) For the 810D the spot on the rear knob has to be at the 12 oclock position. On the Bolex, the spot lines up with a spot on the casing at 9 oclock. Hope this makes sense to you. I was able to download manuals for both free of charge from one of the film forums. Suggest you try googling for one. Failing that, if you send me a PM with your address I will photo copy mine and post it to you. Ken Finch.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 11, 2016 10:31 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good catch!

That thing of having to withdraw the claw to remove the gate plates is the Achilles heel of these machines.

-you'd wish Eumig didn't throw this twist into the mix.

Sooner or later somebody that had one will encounter the other...

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jason Brummett
Junior

- posted March 12, 2016 10:37 AM      Profile for Jason Brummett   Email Jason Brummett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Steve and Ken!

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2016 06:10 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, I have one in PDF form. PM me your email and I will send it to you.

Jason Brummett
Junior

- posted March 17, 2016 08:00 PM      Profile for Jason Brummett   Email Jason Brummett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Barry!

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2016 09:57 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Emailed it to you last night.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC