8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bolex 18-5 sorrows.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bolex 18-5 sorrows.
Zach Von Joo
Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2016 10:40 AM      Profile for Zach Von Joo   Email Zach Von Joo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My little Bolex 18-5 has been a terrific. rock solid machine... until a pet-related mishap knocked the thing of its stand, breaking the front lower guide off. I've had another 18-5 with a broken film guide I used to use and it worked fine. However, something is really off. Maybe it has nothing to do with the projector hitting the floor, maybe a coincidence... anyway, pressing the auto-load film gets stuck before the gate now-- this would happen sometimes in the past but now it happens every time. Also, (and mainly) film is jittery and noisy going past the gate. Loud clicks. I've already cleaned the machine-- is it maybe the gate/pressure plate? Alignment? Pin registration? Can this be fixed? Should I just look for another 18-5? I forgot how much I hate working on machines with very tiny parts.

|  IP: Logged

Niels Peter Buch
Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2016 05:26 PM      Profile for Niels Peter Buch   Email Niels Peter Buch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Zack.
Sounds like a problem I had with my 18-5 once.
Make sure the lens is in place ( not presed to far inside the lens barrel ) it will affect the auto load lever ( it gets stucked).

kind regards !

--------------------
Niels Peter Buch

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC