8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cinebody Super 8 Digital iPhone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinebody Super 8 Digital iPhone?
Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2016 09:01 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://shop.cinebody.com/

First I'm hearing of this... Ships soon...

Let the frenzy of thoughts/opinions begin....

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 27, 2016 09:41 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,

In all fairness it does at least try to solve one my main gripes with using a cellphone as a camera: it's something that was meant to be applied to the side of your face and not held aloft for photography. A disturbing fraction of my cell pictures have fingers showing because there is no real grip, and I find in low light situations it's hard to press the shutter release without smearing the image.

-I'm not 100% sure what happens if you get a phone call in the middle of this...

Maybe you need TWO phones!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2016 10:14 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. The trigger would be a useful. However, anything designed for an extremely limited number of phone models is doomed to have a small market. Plus I question the quality of the optics in the $30 add-on lenses.

When you consider that you can by a decent camcorder for a little bit more than what it costs for this enclosure plus the lenses, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2016 10:32 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with all the statements.

The fact that it's released for the i6 when the 7 is now out is also odd.

I'm also skeptical of the lenses, and 4K?

I can't say I'm not interested in seeing video examples... Surely they should have some posted somewhere....

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2016 12:15 AM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 6s can do 4k but at 375 MB per minute, you're going to run out of space pretty quickly. The 6 can kinda-sorta do 4k, but Apple won't do it in the standard camera app. Other app makers have enabled it though.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 28, 2016 06:04 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It states that the Cinebody S6 is currently only compatible with the iPhone 6 and 6S, however, in the FAQ section, the last question and answer comes up with:
Q. Which devices support the Cinebody app?
A. At this time, Cinebody is compatible for iPhone 5, SE, 6 6s and 6 Plus.
Am I missing something here?
Also, I can find no mention how the finished "film" can be viewed other than in the "camera".

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC