8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann forum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann forum
Daniel Aveline
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2017 01:41 PM      Profile for Daniel Aveline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi everyone, i'm coming with the idea of creating a forum where everyone could post articles display catalogues scans, and any discussion on the famous company.what do you think?

--------------------
D Aveline

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2017 02:20 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea. I've got a lot of monthly lists/magazines from them I could put up. Plenty of news from Derek on their problems and how they got round them in those.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 25, 2017 02:38 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd join in a heartbeat!

Derann represents 90% of my own collection now and pretty much 90% of my entire interest in the hobby film related.

I have no interest whatsoever in any other gauge of Film other than Super 8mm, so for people like myself, a forum specializing only for this particular film format would I'm sure, be received with open arms.

Throw Kempski and Red Fox into the mix and 90% turns into 95% for me personally. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2017 04:26 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope a potential Derann discussion could be kept as one topic thread within this forum to keep us all together in one area, a bit like Lee Mannering's "What Films Did You Show Last Night?" It just keeps getting topped up week after week.

Alternatively, within the forum, would it be worth Brad or Doug to create it as a brand new section?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 25, 2017 04:51 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am all for that equally Melvin. Doesn't matter to me where it is, just that we speak of Derann's fabulous work regularly somewhere.

--------------------

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2017 04:54 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure it would be VERY popular.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 25, 2017 05:09 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 25, 2017 05:36 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a possibility, however it seems to me that Daniel's forum could be part of a website honoring Derann, with separate sections on history, personnel & catalogs, etc.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted February 26, 2017 02:06 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It's easy enough to create a dedicated Derann forum if a number of the members want it.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 02:40 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
There are barely enough people posting regularly on the ones we already have Brad!
This is despite huge membership numbers by comparison.

Then most of the guys who think towards Daniels idea, do so already on FB and the likes.
Ged posts his memoirs and photographs there from his working days at Derann.

A section or even just a dedicated thread here, would be all that is necessary in my mind.

It's a great idea in theory that Daniel had, but numbers suggest from Derann related conversation and articles everywhere, that there would be insufficient interested collectors to make this viable.

The new trailer idea a while back now, was another great idea in theory, but that one never went anywhere either despite the good show of support for it at the time.

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 03:41 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
err, without wishing to send patronising, is there any reason why, as mentioned, a new box in the home page here couldn't be simply for all things Derann?
I myself am definatly up for the idea but if,(for arguments sake) you had a dedicated forum i dont think it would be too long before someone would go off subject. I may be wrong, in other words, i think it would be difficult to talk only of Derann as remember, whilst they were the Kings for flying the 8mm flag with all the releases they did etc, they also collaborated with other company's as well, & of course, (only my own opinion here), ALL super 8 film distributors & dealers is why this hobby exists and not just Derann.
Therefore, i think an extra box on the home page here would probably suffice & do the same job whilst keeping everyone together on one top forum [Smile] [Wink]
Please DONT think i am in any way at all putting the idea down, its great stuff. [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 03:49 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I completely agree Tom and lamp btw, has finally made its way into the post you'll be pleased to hear!😂😂😂

Along with a lens for our good friend Bill. [Wink]

--------------------

Daniel Aveline
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2017 04:05 AM      Profile for Daniel Aveline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
many thanks to all of you for your reactions,i am not too familiar with the technical aspect to such a project i only hope it keeps the interest of all of us.maybe we could widen the subject to other dealers [Wink]

--------------------
D Aveline

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 04:17 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let us try with a sticky subject first titled "our memory to Derann" and see how big is the interest.

--------------------
Winbert

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 04:22 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
By which time Daniel, you simply have what we already have here. [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2017 04:45 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem Winbert is you will just get the same stuff on the forum as is already there if you search. And many of the members currently on here have never dealt with Derann in the Derek era, and those that did have long since left the forum and do not post anymore. Yes there are still a few but could anything new be added. What is really needed is those who worked during those times like Duncan to express their memories but we never hear of him anymore.

Graham S

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 04:58 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Andrew, Many thanks. Looking forward to receiving. [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 08:45 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries Tom. [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 27, 2017 11:05 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's such a wonderful idea!

A slash forum/website, where lots of catalogs, video memories, pictures. Yeah, totally do it!!

However, it certainly wouldn't stop talk on this forum about Derann films as well, eh? [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2017 02:41 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Idea, The DERANN Catalogs I put here on the forum a few time ago were downloaded 100 times......

Mauro Coscia
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2017 01:02 AM      Profile for Mauro Coscia   Email Mauro Coscia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Phil, may i have the derann catalogue? Thanks

This is my mail
superotto1965@gmail.com

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2017 03:37 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a brilliant idea love experiences and the catalogues

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2017 05:47 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its all here and Ged Jones Derann posts every Friday too!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1646293562283301/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC