8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » WOT ! No film on the take up spool????!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: WOT ! No film on the take up spool????!!!!
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 03, 2017 06:15 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as my past role as a cinema projectionist we were always moving film from one platter to another. However never had a problem as I always got a hand either from the manager or one of the kids working downstairs. I never moved them on my own...to risky.

Reading the above comments I am not sure how things work in other countries, but here we have individual work contracts and they can be quite extensive. Those contracts often contain that any abuse either verbal or physical to another employee or customer are grounds for instant dismissal.

The above projectionist should have said to the manager that if he really wanted the projectionist to move it, then "he" the manager will need to give a hand moving it... otherwise it aint happening.

I once had to move "Gladiator" early one morning there was only myself and the cashier on. I went downstairs asked for a lift, she had a sore back so she asked a couple of schoolkids playing on the machines.."should have been at school"... if they could help. Between the three of us we moved it, I thanked them for the help and after talking to the cashier afterwards, we gave them free tickets to that morning session of Gladiator [Smile]

Anyway many years later I was leaving through the exit one night, when I came across two youths hanging out on the stairs. One said do you remember me.. I replied no...we helped you move Gladiator...did you enjoy the movie? yes...after all those years they remembered.

Back on topic [Roll Eyes] I have forgotton to flick the little latch on Elmo projectors either on the feed side or take up, where the result was a quiet clunk, as the reel would fall off and go on its merry old way spilling film all over the place. [Frown] I have done that a few times [Roll Eyes] ...must be an age thing [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC