8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help with Chinon projector play/rewind issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with Chinon projector play/rewind issue
Jim Karl
Junior

- posted August 14, 2017 10:50 PM      Profile for Jim Karl   Email Jim Karl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have this Chinon sound projector but play and rewind not working correctly. I posted a video of what;'s going on inside here my google drive

You can see that in rewind mode, it is "sort of" working, but skipping. The gear is turning the pulley which in turn is moving the pulley on the arm. But the main main inside the back has a little washer set that is supposed to drop and grab the plastic housing to turn the pulley etc but sometimes that falls out of place and it briefly stops turning.

The bigger issue is the play where the pulley is turning but the spring is not moving at all , or barely, thus not turning the rear pulley. Both show in the video. I have taken both post assembles apart, cleaned and lubricated. The posts are not stuck but the play simply isn't getting enough traction on the spring to pull it. I've cleaned the pulley channel with alcohol. Not sure what is left to do or try? Hoping and expert can weigh in here.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC