8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Estate Sale 1

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Estate Sale 1
Rich Malmsten
Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2017 09:00 AM      Profile for Rich Malmsten   Email Rich Malmsten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two weekends ago my wife and I stopped at an estate sale, and as I always do, I look around for films, equipment, or anything related to the hobby. I found a pile of "Kodak Movie News" brochures, from the very first one in 1953 up through 1967. A total of 40 brochures for a grand total of $2, all in excellent condition.

For those who aren't familiar with them, Kodak provided advise on how to shoot home movies, infomercials on their cameras and projectors, and answered questions. They're an interesting snapshot of Kodak in its heyday as well as the state of home movies in the 1950s and 60s.

I go to a lot of estate sales and usually go away empty handed. This was the first sale where I stumbled upon a treasure trove of vintage literature. Sometimes you get lucky!

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2017 10:42 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few Kodak binders that have a ton of information like that from the 1950's that I found at an estate sale. It looks like they put out a variety of material to organize into these small ring binders, they even have tabs to separate the material. They have information on film types, developing, lenses, equipment, etc. These are mostly for still photography but they are interesting to read through.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC