8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Mountain Films Body and Soul

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mountain Films Body and Soul
Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2017 11:25 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...I just picked up a print of this 1947 classic with no OB, on one 800' and one 600' a total of about 1500' so it looks to be a 4 X 400' release. On the clear head leader I see Mountain Body and Soul hand written. Can anyone confirm if Mountain did release an abridged version of this feature?

|  IP: Logged

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2017 01:08 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,they did.

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2017 07:44 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You Panayotis, I haven't screened it yet so I was worried a reel may be missing. I do have the equivalent of a 4 X 400' release. I appreciate your reply.

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2017 12:39 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...This print arrived on a 600' reel and a "home made" reel sandwichinq two hand crafted plexiglass rounds onto a 100' reel, glued and screwed together. It has the diameter of a standard 800' reel but after the brim of the core spool it is obviously too wide for proper use. I have since re-spooled the print to 2 proper 800' reels. After screening I can confirm that this is indeed the Mountain 4 X 400' release. This follow-up is to explain how 1500' or so could fit on 1 X 800' and 1 X 600 ' ...Not a topic for print review, more so to clear up my mathematical skills... The last fight scene inspired many future boxing classics...

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2017 11:39 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has been discussed before. Mountain, and others too, released many features complete at first and them shortened to 4x400.Best known example is KING KONG but there are also THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME,RUN OF THE ARROW,THE LAST COMMAND,DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS etc,etc,etc !

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2017 12:40 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Panayotis , here is what I was conveying in my last post. Not if what I received was an abridged version , rather, how it arrived on one 800' and one 600' Spool and how that could equal the prints approximated 1500' or so.
You should have seen this home made 800' reel it arrived on . As mentioned not a review topic but glad to have this print.Thanks again for helping me through this.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2017 03:02 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IMDB gives a running time of 104 minutes.Check your print against it.Reels do vary in their capacity.Others have a big core,others a smaller one so they may contain more or less film.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC