8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Shutter Gear wanted!! (Moviedeck 465)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shutter Gear wanted!! (Moviedeck 465)
Steve Varadi
Junior

- posted October 09, 2017 05:48 PM      Profile for Steve Varadi   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Varadi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for a Shutter Gear (possible metal) for my MovieDeck 465 projector. Please let me know where can I find one.
If you can not imagine how it's look like now:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5rmhTD

Steve

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 09, 2017 05:55 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Steve!

How about this:

Moviedeck Shutter Gear

My own Moviedeck is kind of retired these days, at least partially because it still has the original gear and I know that it has to fail sooner or later. If you don't mind, I'd be interested in reading about your repair. Maybe it could be posted to our technical index.

You're the second "Steve" to join this week: another 50 weeks like this and we'll become a faction!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Steve Varadi
Junior

- posted October 09, 2017 08:29 PM      Profile for Steve Varadi   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Varadi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already saw this ad on eBay, but I think this is a little bit too high for me. I read Pat ordered one brass gear from https://www.mcmaster.com/#brass-gears/=19qsl32 and glued to the shaft. I'll do it same way. Now I have find out what is the correct measurement of the Gear. As you see in the pictures, mine is totally failed (literally crumbled). So if you have the same Moviedeck 465, please give me the dimension of the Shutter Gear.
Thanks for advance.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 09, 2017 09:26 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to contact Pat and ask him. I'm reluctant to dig into my machine.

--------------------

Steve Varadi
Junior

- posted October 09, 2017 10:04 PM      Profile for Steve Varadi   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Varadi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, thanks, I already sent Him a PM

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 10, 2017 12:26 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat Dalesio contacted me and said he no longer has the information.

If enough of the teeth are left (maybe at the edge?) that you can count them and you can measure the shaft diameter, you can probably choose the correct gear.

-by the same token, once you deduct the core charge off the completed rebuilt part, it isn't that much more money and a slam dunk as far as being the correct one.

--------------------

Steve Varadi
Junior

- posted October 10, 2017 06:39 PM      Profile for Steve Varadi   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Varadi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve, I already calculated the same way, so refurbished Shutter will be here in this week. I'll let you know how goes the whole process.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 10, 2017 07:52 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm right there with you.

This same company also makes a little plastic widget to replace a part that breaks on pretty much every Kodak slide projector in Creation.

The repair is simple: you drill out the old rivet, you slide on the new part and you install the new rivet: piece of cake!

-yet it's the other sixty billion parts you have to remove and replace in order to do the job that made me find a box and send it off to a repair place!

There just come times when it's better to concede these battles and let the guy that's done it 80 times do it!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC