8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help with Bell & Howell 471a spindle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with Bell & Howell 471a spindle
Jim Karl
Junior

- posted December 11, 2017 05:52 PM      Profile for Jim Karl   Email Jim Karl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Picked this up at an estate sale. After regreasing some of the levers/cleaning path etc it threads fine but doesn't pick up on to the autoloader take up reel. The issue seems to be the take up spindle itself. It doesn't seem to stay flush to the arm. It's cocked out a bit making the take reel wobbly as it turns, so the flim hits the reel edge and falls down instead of getting picked up.

The spindle seems to be a bit larger than most Bell's i've come across, and doesn't have any washer or standoff like the smaller spindles have. See pics. Is something missing?? Also, the entire black portion of the spindle seems to come out slightly from the silver spindle shell. (see pics) I can push it in by hand and make it flush, but the weight of the reel pulls it back out. I can't seems to pull it out any further either - thinking maybe it just became unglued inside or something. Thoughts there?

- [/IMG]

-

-

-

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC