8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig Mark S 709 Control

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig Mark S 709 Control
Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2018 04:18 PM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone recently borrowed my Eumig projector and changed this setting on the back thinking it was a volume control. In all the years of owning it, I've never touched this control and can't find my manual. There are numbers from 1 through 10. Does anyone know what number this indicator should be set to?

Now I'm wondering, what does it do?

Many thanks!

-

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

|  IP: Logged

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2018 02:10 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bob

That's the sound recording level control. It's not relevant unless you want to record more sound onto the existing film sound track.

dogtor frankarnstein
[Smile]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 21, 2018 02:29 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank is correct.

It is used to match the sound source used and is set at the factory to an average level. You can adjust the level.

1) Press the grey super-imposition key and the red recording key
2) Start the sound source to be used
3) Turn the recording level control clockwise until the red recording signal lights up
4) Release the over-recording key by pressing it again

--------------------
Maurice

Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2018 07:59 AM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great information. We've had this projector since 1971 and the manual is around here - someplace.

It hasn't been used in several years and takes a little while to get up to speed. Is that normal when a projector has been sitting or does something need grease or lubrication?

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 21, 2018 09:51 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's always a good idea to run the motor for a few minutes to warm up before engaging its drive.

--------------------
Maurice

Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2018 10:21 AM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate the advice and will do that.

Thank you, Maurice.

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC