8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Mystery Disney Tapes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mystery Disney Tapes
Ryan Christy
Junior

- posted January 30, 2018 05:45 AM      Profile for Ryan Christy   Email Ryan Christy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was recently at a flea market and bought some 8mm or 16mm Disney tapes, the box's are plain white with labels that say things like "301-k(open-end)"
Just curious if anyone has seen anything like it as I can find nothing online after days of searching. Will upload pics of them when the fiance gets up.

--------------------
RYAN

|  IP: Logged

Ryan Christy
Junior

- posted January 30, 2018 09:02 AM      Profile for Ryan Christy   Email Ryan Christy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PDq0DavUY0JjZtng1 Here is the link to a photo of one reel.

--------------------
RYAN

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2018 09:12 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan those are 16mm Sound FILMS tags you have bought not Tapes. [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Ryan Christy
Junior

- posted January 30, 2018 09:29 AM      Profile for Ryan Christy   Email Ryan Christy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So they are sound tapes? When I look at the film on the reels I can see pictures.

--------------------
RYAN

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2018 10:05 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan those are 16MM FILMS you have there. Not TAPES my friend.

If they were tapes you would not be able to see any pictures on them at all.

I think you have misunderstood my comment. [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 30, 2018 11:27 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They might be television ads from Disney.

--------------------
Maurice

Ryan Christy
Junior

- posted January 30, 2018 11:31 AM      Profile for Ryan Christy   Email Ryan Christy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel as if they are ads from Disney, anyone know the value?

--------------------
RYAN

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 30, 2018 11:39 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot depends on the color quality of the films, (and not "tapes" [Smile] ) as, if faded, then they have little or no value, beyond sentimental.

However, I don't think that these are actually 16MM ads for TV, as they are usually clearly marked. I see no name of a specific feature film or TV show on the outer paper label. It's a curiosity to me.

Therefore, Could you please unroll some of the film and shoot a picture of the frames, (as you were so good about taking the earlier pictures) as, even from a distance, I can give you a better idea as to what you have.

I say all of this as i have made a habit of collecting old Disney 16MM TV commercial materials and otherwise.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 30, 2018 11:39 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan
Following from Osi's comments get a magnifier and examine some of the films to see what they really are.

--------------------
Maurice

Ryan Christy
Junior

- posted January 30, 2018 11:57 AM      Profile for Ryan Christy   Email Ryan Christy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I have 10 different reels with different film's on each. New link for close-ups. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Uuxih5qX8Ff46Py42 Also this is the only tape unsealed that I can unravel.

--------------------
RYAN

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 30, 2018 12:20 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That appear to be "Winnie The Pooh"!

If you list these on ebay, for instance, either get ahold of myself or others that could perhaps help you list them in a way that will allow for you to maximize you're profits.

One tip for sure ...

Any of these that are Disney animated films will sell better than the live action ones. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Ryan Christy
Junior

- posted January 30, 2018 12:31 PM      Profile for Ryan Christy   Email Ryan Christy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the info! I'd love some help with the posting but I'd much rather sell to a collector here so I can give them a better price, if you have any interest in them please PM me.

--------------------
RYAN

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC