8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Question for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti re magnetic paste stripe for 8mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti re magnetic paste stripe for 8mm
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 04, 2018 04:13 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alberto,

I am talking about your video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEgyDMLwu1s

It shows 16mm film, but it is true that you can now also stripe 8mm on both tracks?

If so, can you tell us what is the cost for 400 feet?.

This is absolutely good news for us.

If I have films with splices every 50 feet is it still OK? (I am talking Kodachrome or Ektachrome stock I used for shooting)

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Rich Malmsten
Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 06:58 PM      Profile for Rich Malmsten   Email Rich Malmsten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Winbert,

I'm sure Alberto will answer your questions, but I just want to say that I had Alberto sound stripe some Super-8 films for me earlier this year and he did a very fine job. I ended up splicing 5 films together onto a single 800-ft reel, so splices are not a problem. Actually from a cost perspective, it's the way to go. A lot of the cost must be in set-up and prep, so my 800-ft reel cost only marginally more than a single 200-ft reel would have. So splice as many reels together as possible and you'll come out way ahead in terms of cost. I think in the end I paid about 1/2 of what Andec would have charged me to stripe the same 5 films.

And yes, he applies both a main track as well as a balance track, so you get them both at the same price (whether you want them both or not).

I found Alberto very professional to work with. I'd recommend you follow up with him. I'm sure he'll be able to help you.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 05, 2018 10:35 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rich,

This is absolutely a good news for us.

--------------------
Winbert

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2018 03:52 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, the quality is great from Alberto!!

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2018 10:04 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear collectors,
Alberto did a marvelous job on a full feature of my collection.
If You ever wanted to get rid of the late dark Derann soundstripes You should do it now. Get new ones from Alberto!
Alberto is the perfect person to answer all Your questions, he is very, very kind - and did a great job!
Mille grazie Alberto e Ci vediamo presto
Oliver

[ June 02, 2018, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Oliver F. R. Feld ]

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2018 06:36 AM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Wimbert,

as also confirmed by Andreas and Oliver, whom I sincerely thank, I am now able to perform magnetic striping for the super 8 format. I can also do this work on Kodachrome and Ektachrome used for shooting with some splices. The important thing is that the splices are well made and resistant ... because if the splices come off during the magnetic striping, where the film is well pulling, then trouble. So ... everything is OK, but before sending me the film for magnetic striping, check all the splices with great care.
You should write to my email address: moviemagnetic@gmail.com, so I will be happy to give you an exact quote for what you ask.

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2018 02:46 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to specify, in order to respond to some forum members who have asked me, that I do not re-record on super 8 film. My activity consists of removing the old defective tracks, such as the gray ones that used Derann, on request. and make stereo magnetic striping on the super 8 format. Regarding the re-record the collector must, if necessary, provide himself on his own

Ignacio Benedeti
Junior

- posted May 29, 2018 09:26 AM      Profile for Ignacio Benedeti   Author's Homepage   Email Ignacio Benedeti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi to every one as a new member in this fórum: I have used the Alberto Vangelisti paste stripe, both for my Súper-8 and Súper-8 shooting, and too for my 16 mm collection (to re record by myself in Spanish prints purchased in USA), in a monthly basis during last year: quality of sound is amazing. I´m happy also with the fast service.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2018 10:29 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Question about splices. I use the Werker tape splicer this leaves both the main and balance free from tape. What about those that wrap round? Can the paste just go over the tape?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2018 04:09 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously yours, dear David, is the right method to have a perfect magnetic striping, that is to leave both sides free for magnetic striping. However ... yes ... the magnetic paste goes over the tape at the time of magnetic striping.

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2018 01:56 AM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is to communicate to all members of the forum my new address where you can send the 16mm and Super 8 prints for all the magnetic striping work:

MOVIE MAGNETIC - Alberto Vangelisti
Via Don Milani 43
52028 TERRANUOVA BRACCIOLINI (AR)
ITALY
e.mail: moviemagnetic@gmail.com

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC