8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Audio quallity Bauer T610 vs Beaulieu 708 both Stereo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Audio quallity Bauer T610 vs Beaulieu 708 both Stereo
Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2018 01:05 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like the titel says.
Which projectors audio is sounding better?
Bauer T610 or Beaulieu 708 both Stereo?

The Beaulieu 708 Stereo projectors are not easy to come by, so maybe I'll find myself a longplay unit and keep using my T610.
Not long ago their was one for sale here for around €300.

[ April 17, 2018, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Matthieu van der Sluis ]

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 17, 2018 08:05 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm....tough to say. The Bauer is more forgiving of audio that was recorded on other machines. The Beaulieu is a very finely crafted precision instrument. Because of this if the audio was recorded properly the Beaulieu, to my ears, will sound better. But if the audio was say re-recorded by someone and the bias was a little off, the Bauer may sound better while the Beaulieu will not tolerate it and may sound warbly, hissy, not so good.
Also you cannot go by using the speakers in the projector. You have to use an external amp or at the very least external speakers to really tell. The speakers on the Beaulieu are not very good and you can't turn them up very loud till they start to distort and rattle. The Bauers cannot be turned up that loud but the internal speakers sound better.
And last but not least in these days, since the machines are so old, its possible that machines differ from unit to unit. I may have a really nice Beaulieu but a so so Bauer.
I have had many Bauer T610's and I think my current one is ok but I remember having better sounding ones.
An interesting thing is that once I was watching a print on the Bauer and then switched to the Beaulieu.
The sound on the Beaulieu was eq'd so I could hear the voices better.
Better separation between voices and the Music and Effects.
Both are very nice machines.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2018 09:36 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Alan and thank you for sharing. Owning both machines myself, one day or another I'll definitely have to make a side to side comparison about their sound qualities.
But I was wondering: how come all the best projectors (or cameras, for that matter) were built either in Europe or in Japan, despite the fact S/8 was an American invention and there must have been lots of potential highly committed (and speding) people there?

--------------------
Maurizio

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2018 03:57 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting info, thanks.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 17, 2018 04:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
how come all the best projectors (or cameras, for that matter) were built either in Europe or in Japan, despite the fact S/8 was an American invention and there must have been lots of potential highly committed (and speding) people there?
Same thing with Cars...change your word of "Projectors" above with "Cars" and it will fit good [Big Grin]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC