8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST 1200D speed is too fast [Solved]

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST 1200D speed is too fast [Solved]
Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted May 02, 2018 04:19 PM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

I inherited my father's film projectors, one of them being an Elmo ST-1200D, which had disintegrated belts. After replacing them with new belts and firing it up it appears to be running too fast.

I looked at the Instruction and Service manuals and couldn't find anything about adjusting the speed. Any ideas?

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 02, 2018 04:33 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mac,

The motor pulley has a double sheeve to allow for 50/60 Hz line frequency. Maybe you are on the one for 50.

The correct one is the smallest of the two sheeves. There are also doubles on the other pulleys this belt rides on so it keeps straight in either position.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted May 02, 2018 05:44 PM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
thank you very much, that was it!

I apparently loaded the belts on wrong. The instructions weren't very clear to me in the service manual so I was going by a video on youtube.. maybe he installed them accordingly for overseas and I didn't catch it.

The odd thing is now it doesn't rewind very well, I have to help turn it to initiate, even then it doesn't always work.
Edit: Gave the gears some new lube and it seemed to help a bit. I guess I'll have to spend some more time with it to see if it gets better.

Thanks again Steve!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC