8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Dealers list for Northwest Film Fair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dealers list for Northwest Film Fair
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2018 04:06 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here is a confirmed list of dealers who will be attending northwest film blackpool at the grand /Hilton hotel
MYSELF D GUEST SUPER 8 9.5 AND 16MM FILMS AND PROJECTORS
CLASSIC HOME CINEMA SUOER 8 AND 16MM ETC
PAUL MELLOR 16MM AND 35MM
PETER CHURCHILL 16MM
ROBIN MOSS SUPER 8 AND 16MM
DECLAN ALL GAUGES
brain Lancaster projecters 8mm and 16mm films
EFS N PARKINSON 16MM AMD PROJECTORS
ALLAN ABBOTT 16MM FILMS
TONY HUTCHINSON 16MM FILMS
TONY DVDS
KEVIN ASHTON 16MM
GLYN JONES SUPER AND 16MM
DAVID FULTON 16MM
BRIAN LANCASTER 16MM AND CAMERAS
pete middleton 35mm
tom mcgarrity cine equipment and films
STILL WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION OF 5 DEALERS
PLUS BRING AND BUY AND AUCTION

[ October 23, 2018, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: David Guest ]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Paul
Junior

- posted October 06, 2018 11:27 AM      Profile for Andrew Paul   Email Andrew Paul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fairly new to the hobby, I've got myself a Super 8 projector and a few films. I've seen a few mentions on the web of the Northwest Film Fair, but I'd like to know a bit more and be able to get tickets to the event. I'm in Preston, just half an hour from Blackpool on the train, so I'm very keen to come.

Is there a website or other centralised source of information I could be looking at?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 06, 2018 11:42 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew
This will be of interest.
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=004736#000000

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 06, 2018 12:56 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I highly recommend you to attend this event.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Paul
Junior

- posted October 06, 2018 02:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Paul   Email Andrew Paul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice, Dominique - thanks for the link and the encouragement [Smile]

Can I just turn up and pay on the door, or do I need to book somewhere in advance?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 06, 2018 04:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, if you just wish to come on Sunday to look for films and material to buy, you can come without having booked anything. However, if you want to come for the dinner on Saturday night, booking is necessary.

--------------------
Dominique

Tony Lacey
Junior

- posted October 23, 2018 02:56 PM      Profile for Tony Lacey   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Lacey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might be missing something, but is there a website, facebook page or other source of information about the Northwest Film Fair in Blackpool?

--------------------
Tony

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 23, 2018 03:06 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, you will find several threads about Blackpool (including some pictures) on this forum (try Blackpool in the search engine…)

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2018 05:02 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Andrew paul you realy need to come to blackpool on the sunday 18th November there will be over 400 super 8 films in the auction starting at £1.00 each

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2018 05:21 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think for Andy and Tony's benefit, a little bit of elaboration is needed here.....

David Guest's Northwest Film Collector's Convention starts on Friday night 16th November at what was called until recently the Hilton Hotel,Blackpool, with a film show. Last year it was a full length James Bond and some shorts ( all on 16mm) This year, for the first time, films are being shown during the day on Saturday 17th,too. In the evening, there is a meal (which needs booking in advance if you require it) and..... you've guessed it....another film show.
THEN....
On Sunday morning 18th, it is the BIG convention where films and equipment / memorabilia of all gauges are bought,sold,exchanged
(?)and possibly swapped (?),not forgetting the famous auction at 1pm. Oh yes.... forgot to mention...(sorry Bob)....MORE film shows!
Basically, it is celluloid heaven! Well worth the few quid to get through the door. I promise you will NOT be disappointed. Naturally, you would have to find your own accommodation,although there may still be availability at the hotel with special rates. I would check that with David.

There it is in a nutshell. Has that wet your appetite?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2018 05:36 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any hotels within walking distance? Hilton is fully booked (shouldn't have waited until the last minute!).

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2018 11:35 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Michael,

My wife and I are staying at The Imperial which is just a short walk from The Grand/Hilton, We have stayed at The Hilton for 2 years running but last year popped into The Imperial for a look and thought it was great.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 30, 2018 02:47 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have PM'd David twice telling him that I wish to purchase his video, but so far have had no response. [Frown]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2018 07:41 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
two more dealers booked in
paul middleton 35mm
david eve 16mm and 35mm

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 31, 2018 02:33 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, looks like a pleasant gathering, especially for 8mm/Super 8 and 9.5 - Cheers all, Shorty

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2018 03:39 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael there are still rooms available but you need to speak with Nicola or Kerry to get a discount if you cant get through by phone tell me how many people are going with you and what days you are staying and I will book it for you and you can paypal me once I have done it or pay me on the day

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC