8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Nizo 6080 lubrication/maintenance?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nizo 6080 lubrication/maintenance?
Ben Zotto
Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2018 09:03 PM      Profile for Ben Zotto   Email Ben Zotto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've sourced a 6080 to shoot some test rolls on, but before using real film in it, I'm a little concerned about a noise it makes as the motor runs. It's a periodic noise, a little grating, about once per rotation of the little rotating interlock in the film compartment. If I crank up the fps to 54, it becomes a loud screeeeech. If I push my fingernail gently down on the ring in the interlock the bad sounds seem to subside.

I'm not sure if it wants lubrication somewhere or some other maintenance. I suspect it would probably work OK despite the noise (motor seems to actually run OK, the noise seems to come from the bushing or bearing or ring in the interlock in the film compartment) but I don't want to cause it distress through usage.

Anyone with experience or pointers on this model? Want to ask any pros before I go rogue and start unscrewing stuff and unclipping the interlock c-clamp. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 22, 2018 12:54 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben

Sorry I cant help you with the camera, however if you are on Facebook ask the folk on "Super 8mm" first, its a public group, I am sure someone there could help you out, as they are right into shooting Super 8 [Smile]

PS I just noticed a "Braun Nizo Super 8" facebook page as well with a picture of a 6080 on the cover...might be worth a try as well.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC