8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Aristocats Digest in sound?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Aristocats Digest in sound?
Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2018 09:30 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to know if the Disney 200 ft Digest was ever in sound? I have two mint prints in color! But there in silent. This Digest is very well edited! Does anybody know? Please reply! Leon Norris.

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2018 01:22 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you mean the "Aristocats Meet Scat Cat" extract yes it was available in sound.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2018 01:04 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon. Sadly, the extremely well edited 200ft colour / silent WDHM version, which pretty much tells the whole story, was not released in sound.

As Brian points out, a separate 200ft colour / sound version, "Aristocats meet Scat Cat" was released (which included a trailer for "The Black Hole") and is basically the Everybody Wants to be a Cat number.

However, there is 300ft German version which I've never seen.

https://super8warehouse.com/?product=the-aristocatsgerman-sound

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2018 09:49 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, thanks for the info! I'll check out the German print. I would like to get them striped and recorded. The two mint prints I have! Leon

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2018 10:15 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice topic, cause I was wondering the same thing.
The 200" digest is a very complete film of the story indeed.
Mine is B/W.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2019 09:36 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, a DHL driver has just handed over a parcel containing the Piccolo version.

It is about 300ft long, colour will have fade of course, but the box is immaculate.

I'll do a review as soon as I can... [Smile]

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2019 10:06 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also no Sound?
The one I had was B&W, so this is an improvement.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2019 10:42 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Matthieu, this one is German sound.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 16, 2019 11:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"(which included a trailer for "The Black Hole")

Now THAT intrigues me!

How long was that trailer on the end of this reel? The Theatrical or a little TV (30 second) trailer? Or something completely unique to this reel?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2019 12:47 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to disappoint you Osi, but it wasn't very good!

Just some green graphics in the shape of a black hole, some titles and a voice over - very much an early teaser with no action from the movie. [Frown]

So Aristocats meet Scat Cat must have been a 1978 / 1979 release and they added the trailer to promote the new Black Hole movie. A sticker on the front of the box announced it as "plus special trailer - The Black Hole".

Sadly not that special. Everybody wants to be a cat of course is excellent! [Smile]

From memory, it's like this, but actually without even the live action bits! So a very early teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2kAhUFccSg

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 17, 2019 12:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Rob!

I would love to get this Aristocat reel then, even without actual footage from the film, as long as it has great color, as i could add that trailer to the beginning of my very good color Fuji 400ft of 'The Black Hole"!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2019 03:34 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a good idea Osi. [Smile]

When I check my newly aquired German print at the weekend, I'll run Aristocats meet Scat Cat and see how the colour has held up; it's been several years now since I last saw it.

The trailer for The Black Hole is at the end of the extract.

Just a thought, but I don't know if all copies include the trailer, as the trailer notice is stuck to the box. I've seen several copies the same in the UK which all have it included, but might be worth checking with any potential sellers if you find a copy.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2019 04:17 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, I watched my Scat Cat print at the weekend and the colours are pretty good.

It was printed by Buck Labs here in the UK, and does have some fade; blacks are brownish and whites are pinkish, but still plenty of blue left.

The Black Hole trailer is just green graphics on black with red titles, so looks ok - at the very end, the Black Hole title is blue and still very vivid.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2019 12:08 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anybody is interested? I have a Brand new print. Still sealed! Of the Aristocrats. 200 ft. Silent, Black and white! Super 8.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC