8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Rescuing Star Wars

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rescuing Star Wars
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 14, 2019 11:33 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

https://youtu.be/oSXsvC4ZUHk

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2019 09:30 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's brilliant isn't it Graham.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 19, 2019 02:05 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Rob

Its got better color than my faded Super 8 digests [Big Grin]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 19, 2019 02:57 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff Graham, the editing is better than some of the 3 x 400 marketing films [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2019 03:50 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Graham, made me laugh, didn't realise there was so much film in those little toy projectors.

Robert Statzer
Junior

- posted January 24, 2019 02:24 PM      Profile for Robert Statzer   Email Robert Statzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love it. Still have a few of those around here, along with the 1976 KING KONG. Wish I'd sprang for that ALIEN set, which came with film cartridge and viewer.

Ken Films 200' STAR WARS was only the second time I sprang for a color digest. (Took a chunk out of my lawnmowing money I'd saved up!) The first color 200' reel I ever bought was the Disney 20,000 LEAGUES squid fight. The local camera shop was conveniently located across the street from our largest cinema, so was able to see STAR WARS on the big screen, then step across the street to pick up a digest to take home. When the shop had sold out of those 200' reels, I talked them into letting me have the cardboard sign with poster art that was part of the special Ken Films STAR WARS store display.

--------------------
BijouBob8mm

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2019 03:01 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was so great graham! Really funny stuff...

btw- i thought the editing on the super 8 was pretty good...i mean, they did a pretty good job at selecting scenes that, if you had already seen the full film, you would relive it again almost...in a mere 1 minute [Smile] almost subconsciously [Smile]

I hope they make a sequel if he can find empire and jedi at a flea market [Smile]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC