8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New guy in the super8 world

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New guy in the super8 world
Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2019 09:00 AM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

My name is pierre, a 26 years old guy living in france. I always been intrested about movie and now, it's been a years since i start collect super8 movie. I have joined this forum to learn more about the kind of format and have if possible advise. I want to ask, a reddish movie can be restore to his original color? and i have some German film because it's more common than the french one. Can I recorded french sound on the pellicule or the result will be very bad?

Sorry for my bad english, i hope everything can be understood.
Promise, i wikk take english course.

A look at my collection:

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/04/4/1548341420-img-20190124-153148.jpg

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/04/4/1548341419-img-20190124-153204.jpg
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/04/4/1548341419-img-20190124-153522.jpg

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/04/4/1548341419-img-20190124-153156.jpg

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 24, 2019 09:19 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bienvenue, Pierre.
Don't be afraid to ask, this is a friendly community and we always welcome new members.
About your questions: you can't restore colours on a faded film. There are some blue gel filters on the market - to put in front of the projector lens - that will dampen the red tint but don't expect stellar results.
Now as far as re-recording/dubbing, yes, it's possible thanks to super 8's trusty magnetic track. You need a bit of equipment and some patience. My own set-up is shown here . Have fun.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 24, 2019 09:30 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bonjour mon ami - Shorty here to answer any questions about shorts, original boxes and everything pertaining to Super/Std 8 - Adieu

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 24, 2019 11:49 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bienvenue Pierre.French speaking forum member Jean-Christophe De Block can re-record films 😉

--------------------
Dominique

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 24, 2019 12:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome welcome welcome!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Robert Statzer
Junior

- posted January 24, 2019 12:53 PM      Profile for Robert Statzer   Email Robert Statzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some nice titles in your film library! What led you to get into Super 8?

--------------------
BijouBob8mm

Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2019 03:45 PM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for yours welcome message.

Jean marc, i found the filter on the internet, i will purchase it, thank you for the advise. i hope my copy of star wars will be less reddish.

Thanks Dominique, it's nice to know there is someone who can re-recordes film in french. Maybe i will get in touch with him later.

To respond to Robert, i discovered super8 format during a walk at a chip market last summer. I bought few 60m cartoon and a chinon 8000 during this chip market because found the box very nice looking and after looking on the internet i found that all my favorite movie exist in this format so i start searching them. I'm still looking for Bruce Lee movie but for the moment they are a bit expensive and often in german.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 24, 2019 04:28 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pierre, tomorrow and on Saturday, there will be at Argenteuil Les Cinglés du Cinéma where material and films (99% in French) will be sold. Did you see my thread about it ?

--------------------
Dominique

Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2019 05:38 PM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen your thread.I live in Strasbourg next to germany. It's really a shame, , now it's to late to organize a trip to Paris.
Are you planing to go? If so, it will be nice to have a feedback.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 25, 2019 01:10 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will post pictures 😉

--------------------
Dominique

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 27, 2019 05:07 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I live in Strasbourg next to german
Out of the topic, for those living in the border of 2 countries that totally have different languages, do people there share the languages (meaning they can speak both)?

ps: I originally lived in Asia where in every border both people of the two countries can speak each other because the border language is similar. But not in the case French vs German right?

--------------------
Winbert

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 27, 2019 05:47 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was at a Christmas party in Germany a few weeks ago and there were about four different languages going across the table. Living close to international borders it's basically a way of life!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2019 02:14 PM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strasbourg is separated by a brigde with germany, you can cross the border siting in a tramway so it's very close. That's why a lot a french people or germans cross for buying stuff or work. And in the two side a lot of people have basic knowledge or more on the other side language. Strasbourg had also a long history with germany because during the past and the war the province was for a long period german. So we have develop a unique way of speaking the alsacien and have food and bâtiment who are a mix of the two cultures.

I hope winbert i have respond to your questions about cross-border person's.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC